[Koha] Re: Problems with Koha 2.2.8 and MySQL 4.1

Kevin O'Rourke lists at caboose.org.uk
Sat May 19 01:55:58 NZST 2007

Glen wrote:
> Kevin O'Rourke <lists at ...> writes:
>

>> Was that a fresh install of Koha, a fresh install of MySQL, or both?
>>

> It was a completely fresh install of Koha and all its pre-requisites on Windows
> XP SP2; followed the directions in the Koha for Windows install guide.
> Everything seemed to install OK with the end result being that I could access
> both the OPAC and the Intranet but on the Intranet I have to re-authenticate
> every time I try to access a new screen.  Also after entering a patron and
> assigning them a username/password with superlibrarian privileges I'm unable to
> to login with those credentials to the Intranet.  From your initial description
> it sounds like the same/similar problem.  Just don't know how to try and fix it?
> Any thoughts/ideas would be appreciated.

Try using the MySQL command line client (open a command prompt, change
to the MySQL bin directory [probably "C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL
Server 5.0\bin\"])":

    mysql -u <Koha admin user> -p

Enter your Koha admin password.  Then type:

    \u <Koha database name>

    describe sessions;

You should see something like:

    +-----------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+

    | Field     | Type         | Null | Key | Default | Extra |

    +-----------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+

    | sessionID | varchar(255) |      | PRI |         |       |

    | userid    | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |

    | ip        | varchar(16)  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |

    | lasttime  | int(11)      | YES  |     | NULL    |       |

    +-----------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+

    4 rows in set (0.00 sec)

The important thing is that the numbers after each field type are the
same as shown here.  My problem was caused by the MySQL upgrade changing
the IP field to length 5, too short for an IP address so the session
information couldn't be stored and I had to keep logging in.

It sounds like your problem isn't quite the same as mine, more that your
Koha install went wrong at some point.  Maybe someone with experience of
Koha on Windows can help?

Kevin

--
Kevin O'Rourke
ICT Coordinator, National Teachers' Institute, Kaduna, Nigeria