[Koha] Re: Problems with Koha 2.2.8 and MySQL 4.1

Kevin O'Rourke lists at caboose.org.uk
Fri May 18 19:46:01 NZST 2007

Glen wrote:
> Kevin O'Rourke <lists at ...> writes:
>
>> OK, I've discovered the answer to my own question, it should be useful
>> information for other people out there.
>> The upgrading process from MySQL 4.0 to 4.1 changed the length of text
>> fields!
>>
> I ran into the same problem on a fresh install.  Not being a MySQL expert how
> would I correct this problem if I don't have any backup files to leverage?
> THANKS in advance for any help you can provide!

Was that a fresh install of Koha, a fresh install of MySQL, or both?

You shouldn't get that problem on a fresh Koha install, because it will
create the tables with the correct field lengths.

If it's a fresh Koha install followed by a MySQL upgrade then without a
backup you've probably irretrievably lost some data.  It's difficult to
tell what, somebody who knows more about Koha's database tables and
MySQL might be able to help.

If you didn't have much data in your Koha system then I'd recommend
reinstalling it _after_ making sure all your MySQL settings are as you
want them.

Alternatively you may have a slightly different problem from mine but
with similar symptoms, if you can maybe describe in detail the steps
that got you to where you are now that would help.

Kevin

--
Kevin O'Rourke
ICT Coordinator, National Teachers' Institute, Kaduna, Nigeria