[Koha] Problems with Koha 2.2.8 and MySQL 4.1

Kevin O'Rourke lists at caboose.org.uk
Fri May 18 00:39:26 NZST 2007

OK, I've discovered the answer to my own question, it should be useful
information for other people out there.

The upgrading process from MySQL 4.0 to 4.1 changed the length of text
fields!

>   1.
>

>             Login Error
>
>       You are accessing Koha from a different ip address! Please login
>       again.

This is because the 'sessions' table had its 'ip' field truncated to 5
characters.

The other problems had similar causes.

I've got Koha working again by dropping all the tables in the Koha
database and re-importing the data from my backup.  The 'mysqldump'
command defaults to creating backups that don't specify character
encodings for the tables, so they've all defaulted to UTF-8 on import.

I'm very glad I made that backup!

--
Kevin O'Rourke
ICT Coordinator, National Teachers' Institute, Kaduna, Nigeria