[Koha] Date problem (still broken)

Greg Vickers daehenoc at optusnet.com.au
Sun May 13 23:02:45 NZST 2007

Hi Henri-Damien,

Henri-Damien LAURENT wrote:
> Greg Vickers a écrit :
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Greg Vickers wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> After the upgrade from 2.2.5 to 2.2.9, we are having the same or
>>> similar problems to this thread:
>>> http://lists.katipo.co.nz/public/koha/2007-April/011491.html
>>>
>>> Anne wrote:
>>> I've been having a real problem with the members page of the system
>>> tonight. Every time I added a new member to the library it was
>>> okay... but then when I went to "issue books" it came up in red
>>> saying "Borrower will leave soon" and refused to let me issue them
>>> anything. I am thoroughly confused! This happened with (two users).
>>> Do you know what was happening?
>>>
>>> John wrote:
>>> I attempted to manually add an expiry date to the record for xxxxxxx
>>> but it still doesn't have an entry date.
>>>
>>> Now according to that thread, Date::Calc and/or Date::Manip should be
>>> installed, Date::Calc was installed but Date::Manip was not
>>> installed, I have installed Date::Manip and asked the librarians to
>>> test it. Does anyone have any other tips I could try?
>>
>> After installing Date::Manip, the problem is not resolved. I would
>> gratefully accept any suggestions or assistance.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Greg
> We tested it on our boxes both in npl and in default templates.
>
> And it worked.
>
> It may come out from 2 things :
> - your system preference date is not correctly set (metric us or iso)
> - you enter date in a special way.
>
> a)send me your log file (koha-error_log in /usr/local/koha/log
> usually... Please, only the part of what you think has to cope with this
> error)
> b) tell me which template/which date system you use.
> c) please send me a data set you type in
>
> i shall tell you what this error comes from.

OK, here's the extract from koha-error.log:
X.x.141.186 - - [13/May/2007:20:45:09 +1000] "POST
/cgi-bin/koha/members/memberentry.pl HTTP/1.1" 302 16659
X.x.141.186 - - [13/May/2007:20:45:10 +1000] "GET
/cgi-bin/koha/members/moremember.pl?bornum=953 HTTP/1.1" 200 17468

Our host is a Debian Sarge (3.x) system, and we use ISO date format.

I create a new user with the following fields:
Card number: dmn01
Given Names: Delete Me
Surname: Now
Postal Address: somewhere
Town: Else

Click Save and a Membership record is created but the Joined Date is a
',' character and the Expires date is blank. Looks like the code in the
new version is catching a ',' character somewhere instead of the correct
field.

With the previous version 2.2.5, we could leave the Joining date and
Expiry date blank and they would be automatically calculated.

If anyone knows what is causing this problem and how to fix it, that
would be great!

Thanks,
Greg