[Koha] perl modules don't work

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue May 8 22:02:28 NZST 2007

Thibaud Hulin <hulin.thibaud at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> > Have you the cgi module loaded and enabled for Apache?
>
> How can I check that ?

grep -rin LoadModule.*cgi /etc/apache*

Also, try running any other CGI script.

> [...] Event is up to date.

That's more like it!  OK, should be no problem with Event.

> > I need to reinstall my koha on a newer debian.  I'll make notes on the
> > installation, as I'll be doing this one on my own time.
>
> Actually, Debian testing can't launch koha with standard package,
> because koha can't works with mysql5 and php5. So, you must install
> mysql4 and php4 yourself, and phpymysql eventually. It's the only way an
> installation after sarge distribution.

Koha doesn't use php, so php5 should be fine as long as phpmysqladmin
is OK with it.

mysql4/5 is more and more of a problem.  I still have one mysql3
server around and I know others do, which makes mysql version support
a fun juggling act.

> For the moment, I'm always block. If I desactive the
> /etc/koha-httpd.conf , I can use other applications with apache. If I
> active it, I can only access to the first page of koha, but perl don't
> work...

Sounds like a NameVirtualHost problem.  Try reading through the Apache
manual about it to see whether you've set it up right.

> So, I did a link from /var/www/koha to /usr/local/koha/intranet/htdocs/

That probably won't work without lots of other changes.  The
koha-httpd.conf (which I think you should link or copy into
/etc/apache*/sites-available and then run a2ensite koha or aensite
koha) sets up the appropriate Aliases.

Hope that helps,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.