[Koha] Operating koha without the need for mouse

Owen Leonard oleonard at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Tue Mar 27 18:51:38 NZST 2007

> Perhaps consideration could be given to internationalisation
> of the shortcuts so that they make sense in each language.

The difficulty comes in the translation process. The method we have for
translating templates is fairly automated. Language strings are isolated
from the templates, translated independently, and then reintegrated into
the newly-translated templates (someone correct me if I am misrepresenting
that process).

In other words, the templates are not edited directly. It would be an added
step to translation to edit the templates to change keyboard shortcuts. It
wouldn't be a complex change to make, but it would prevent developers from
generating new versions of the templates independently of the
native-language-speaking translator.

 -- Owen

--
Web Developer