[Koha] Verifying manually-input barcodes

Kevin O'Rourke lists at caboose.org.uk
Mon Mar 26 21:38:49 NZST 2007

We don't (yet) have any barcode readers, so for at least the start of
adding our books to Koha our staff will be entering the barcodes
manually.  This seems likely to lead to typos and incorrect barcodes in
the database.

The barcodes I'm generating include a check digit, is there some way of
getting Koha to verify this when adding an item?  I just need a little
Javascript function to run when the barcode field loses focus, checking
that the barcode is valid.

I've looked at plugins but they seem to disable the input field and
require the use of a pop-up for value entry, which seems excessively fiddly.

I'd also like barcode verification when adding new members, there
doesn't seem to be any plugin mechanism for that part of Koha.

Kevin
--
Kevin O'Rourke
ICT Coordinator, National Teachers' Institute, Kaduna, Nigeria