[Koha] Google Summer of Koha - thought on 1 idea you posted

BWS Johnson mhelman at illinoisalumni.org
Sat Mar 24 08:49:33 NZST 2007

Salvete!

The cataloguing interface is one of the worst problems we currently face
in getting folks to switch to Koha from my perspective. I'd say it's #2
after an installer, so I was very, very happy when both of those ideas
were incorporated into the Google project request list. I'd cry tears of
joy should either of those come to pass.
I would definitely be curious about a cleaned up incorporation of
MARCedit. It seems a natural match for Koha, even if you glorious devs
you needs canabalise it at a lower level to port it on over to fully
integrate it. (If that's even an option.)
Again, I must express my undying gratitude to everyone contributing
code. It's awesome. I can certainly say that I seem to be fielding more
librarian questions than ever. When I first signed on, I'd get a couple
Koha questions a month maybe. Now it's one or two a day - and my
documentation is stale. Insane growth, guys. Thanks so much for making
this happen! I hope I'm not a big whiner.

Cheers,
Brooke @ Hinsdale MA