[Koha] Google Summer of Koha - thought on 1 idea you posted

Joshua M. Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Sat Mar 17 10:56:42 NZDT 2007

----- "Steven F. Baljkas" <baljkas at mts.net> wrote:
> Friday, March 16, 2007   16:03 CDT
>
> Hi, Josh, et al. at LibLime,
>
> Congratulations on your selection as mentor for the Google Summer of
> Code program! It looks to be an amazing thing.
Thanks, we're pretty excited, as it turns out, 2/3 of applications
weren't accepted.

> I don't know if this'll be useful for you folks or not, but here goes
> anyway ...
>
> I noticed in your list of ideas the following --
>
>         Improve Koha Cataloging Interface
>         Have had some customer feedback that they’d like to see a
>         more "traditional" cataloging interface; best way I can
>         describe this is a line interface like you would expect in
>         a text editor vs the tabularized interface we currently have.
>
>         Could it be just a big <textarea> ?
>
> -- and I have been wondering for a while if what Terry Reese had
> accomplished with MARCEdit's text-based editor might somehow be
> "incorporated"/"integrated" into Koha.
Definitely something we've thought of, and in fact, I've spoken
to Terry about this. We're in the middle of defining what would
be involved in making MARCEdit capable of 'pushing' updates to
Koha. I think it's a fantastic idea to add this to the list of
Google Ideas. I'll write an email to Terry and add it to our list,
thanks again for the idea!

Cheers,