[Koha] Issue with Install - YAZ

Lawrence Bean lbean at u47.k12.me.us
Sat Mar 17 09:25:35 NZDT 2007

>Chris Cormack <chris at katipo.co.nz> writes:
>> I actually think the issue is that I am trying to install on an Alpha
>> server and I need alpha packages.  I believe the ftp.indexdata.dk/debian
>> only has the i386 packages.  Could somebody verify if this is correct
>> and possibly point me into the right direction?
>>

>You are bang on, ive had this problem with with 64 bit computers too.
>Easiest thing to do is grab the source and build a debian package from
>it. Its all set up to do that you just cd to the untarred directory
>and run
>sudo dpkg-buildpackage -b

I'm in the same situation at the moment with a PowerPC, and need a bit
more guidance.
I downloaded
yaz_2.1.8-1.tar.gz
from
http://ftp.indexdata.dk/pub/yaz/debian/sarge
to the "root" directory, unpacked it, changed to the directory "yaz-2.1.8"
and typed "dpkg-buildpackage -b" (I was logged in as root from the
beginning. The result was:

-----
dpkg-buildpackage: source package is yaz
dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 2.1.8-1
dpkg-buildpackage: source maintainer is Adam Dickmeiss <adam at indexdata.dk>
dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture is powerpc
dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies: docbook-utils docbook
docbook-xml docbook-dsssl jade jadetex libxml2-dev libssl-dev
libreadline4-dev libwrap0-dev
dpkg-buildpackage: Build dependencies/conflicts unsatisfied; aborting.
dpkg-buildpackage: (Use -d flag to override.)
-----

do I need to look for a different place for the source, or is there
somethine else I'm missing that needs to be installed to meet these
dependencies? Any help would be greatly appreciated.