[Koha] Mandatory ISBN

Maria Doria maria.doria at ineti.pt
Thu Mar 15 04:05:16 NZDT 2007

Dear All,

I'm still a newbie running Koha 2.2.7 on Debian.

I have been looking for answers on the mailing list, but have found none yet. Here at INETI we have loads of papers and reports with no ISBN in it. My question is related with the mandatory ISBN field: is there a way to import records at once (using bulkmarcimport script) that have no ISBN? I thought of turning the ISBN field not mandatory on MySQL... would it be enough?

Anyone facing this same problem? Any suggestions on how to solve it, even if it can only be done by creating false ISBN?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Maria Doria

CITI / DEP - Divisão de Estudos e Projectos
INETI - Instituto Nacional de Engenharia, Tecnologia e Inovação
Estrada do Paço do Lumiar, 22 - 1649-038 Lisboa - Portugal
Tel.: + 351 217 127 030 (directo)
Fax: + 351 217 127 059
Endereço de correio electrónico: maria.doria at ineti.pt