[Koha] Creating a Japanese Library System

Steven F.Baljkas baljkas at mts.net
Wed Mar 14 11:30:39 NZDT 2007

Tuesday, March 13, 2007     17:23 CDT

Hi, Jeff,

Just a little addendum to Chris Cormack's substantial answer.

Since you are in Canada, you may find the free registered service, AMICUS, with our national library and archives, helpful in downloading records. One of the nicest things about it is you can batch results when searching for records individually (still the best way to do it, since you can review the quality of each individual record that way). Of course, the Z39.50 services work well also.

You can find out about AMICUS at
   URL <http://www.collectionscanada.ca/amicus/006002-122-e.html>

If you want to determine if AMICUS will be able to help out with supplying records before signing up, please feel free to send me, off listserv, a small test sample of 20 or so ISBNs and I'll be glad to run them through and see what turns up.

In any case, Jeff, welcome to the Koha community and good luck with the set-up of your library!

Cheers,
Steven F. Baljkas
library tech at large
Koha neophyte