[Koha] 650z, 650x, 650y subfield searching

Jenny Collery jcollery at ippa.ie
Tue Mar 6 03:39:37 NZDT 2007

Hello All,

I am having a problem with searching subject subdivisions. When I search
the catalogue for the information in subject subdivision fields 650z,
650x and 650y the search is not finding information that I know is there
in entered in those fields.

For example when I search for "Infants - Care" (where Infants is in 650a
and Care 650x), I get 0 results. But I know that I have three records
with this subject attached.

When I search for Infants on its own, the three records show up in the
results.

In the MARC tag structure I have the following entered in the Search
Also field of the 650a tag:

'600a','610a','610b','650v','650x','650y'

Has anyone else had this problem, or have any advice.

Many thanks,

Jenny

IPPA, The Early Childhood Organisation

Web: www.ippa.ie <blocked::http://www.ippa.ie/>

IPPA, the Early Childhood Organisation, is funded by the Irish
Government under The National Development Plan 2000-2006 and the
European Union through the European Structural Fund.

sender.
virus scanning software for the presence of computer viruses.