[Koha] Why can't I edit item's barcode?

Paul Colley paulcolleyster at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 15:45:26 NZDT 2007

I've just installed Koha, and run into a problem:  It won't let me edit the
item's barcode; when I click in the field it fills it in with the next
sequential number, and I can't edit it.  Changing the "autoBarcode" system
preference doesn't seem to affect behaviour.

I was expecting to be able to use the existing barcode on some items, and
purchase sequentially numbered pre-preinted barcodes for the rest.

I don't see any differences between the settings I have and those on the
LibLime demo, which does let me edit the item's barcode.

Version information:

Koha version:       2.2.6
       OS version (from 'uname -a'):       Linux chirpa 2.4.27-3-386 #1 Wed
Dec 6 00:38:33 UTC 2006 i586 GNU/Linux
       Perl version:       5.008004
       MySQL version:       mysql  Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.11, for pc-linux-gnu
(i386)
       Apache version:

Thanks,

--