[Koha] Alexandria vs. Koha

Matthew Metzger news at metzger.cc
Thu Jun 28 15:06:11 NZST 2007

Hello,

Our school is looking to pay a consultant to compare two library
software systems, Koha and Alexandria (http://www.goalexandria.com/). I
was wondering if anyone on this list has experience with both systems. I
know about both systems and have had some experience with both (mostly
Koha), but our school administration would like to have a third party
outside opinion in addition to mine.

I saw some posts earlier that talked about migrating from Alexandria to
Koha. If anyone has done that and can confidently give a summary of
Alexandria and Koha, you could earn some extra cash.

Our school computer lab is all eMacs with OS X 10.4. We had purchased
Alexandria in 2005 and also have Koha 2.2.9 installed on a Ubuntu linux
(PowerPC) apple hardware computer.

thanks for your time and I look forward to your responses,

Matthew Metzger