[Koha] z39.50 search errors.... SOLVED :-D

José Alberto Albarracín Ramírez jaalbarracin at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 25 21:00:46 NZST 2007

   Hello Everyone,

   At lest we solved my z39.50 search errors. We try solve it doing the
last suggesting you told me, Joshua:

<<<<<<IBERMARC is supported, as well as the rest of the OIDs. Here's
the
relevant area:
http://search.cpan.org/src/MIRK/Net-Z3950-ZOOM-1.18/lib/Net/Z3950.pm

I've committed an update to the template file in rel_2_2 for the NPL
and default templates.

Tell your sysadmin to grab the latest copy and update your system:
http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/koha/koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/default/en/parameters/z3950servers.tmpl?view=log&root=koha&pathrev=rel_2_2
http://cvs.savannah.nongnu.org/viewvc/koha/koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/npl/en/parameters/z3950servers.tmpl?view=log&root=koha&pathrev=rel_2_2

Then, when you set up an IBERMARC target you can define it as such.

Let us know if that works.

Cheers>>>>>>>

and, nothing happens. So, we installed our Koha data base back up. We
don't reinstall the version 2.2.8, we preserved the lasta update:
version 2.2.9. We delete all my z39.50 server and just set 2 servers
up: "Biblioteca Nacional Española" server: www.bne.es, for spanish
publications (BNE is as LOC but, in Spain) and "Library of Congress"
server, for english, u.s.a. publications and other foreing
publications.

   I thing what the problems was, basicly, two problems:

   1. I think try to edit our own marc falvour, editing all tags,
fields and subfields, could cuase some "instability" in Koha, so it
didn't recognize if a bibliographic record was a true MARC
bibliographic record or. We think that was extensible to server so, it
didn't recognize what they are contaning. We can't demostrate thees
afirmation, just are conjetures.

   2. The another cause, coulb be more than a conjeture. When I install
the new version 2.2.9, I realized what it was abel to toggle spanish
langeage at most of koha interface. We think that Koha z39.50 module
just work in inglish and any what we try to fix this problem, doesn't
makes z39.50 module work properly.

   Therefore, what we do was: 1st, install our last data base back up
copy; 2nd, set inglish language up again; 3rd, add BNE and LOC z39.50
servers; and, 4th, try downlaod some bibliographic records and,
¡voilà!, it works: records downloaded!. Doing thees thing, also works
the Reservoir, what had the same problem when we try to Upload and
retrieve record to and from it.

   Thank you vary much, Johsua, Pablo, David and Santiago, for all your
help.

   Have a nice day!

___________________________________
  José Alberto Albarracín Ramírez
        Law Firm Libarian
         [Madrid - Spain]
   albertoalbarracin at gmail.com
     jaalbarracin at yahoo.com
___________________________________

--- "Joshua M. Ferraro" <jmf at liblime.com> escribió:

> ----- "José Alberto Albarracín Ramírez" <jaalbarracin at yahoo.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello Joshua,
> >
> >    I have Koha version 2.2.9 installed in a linux server, just for
> > Koha
> > and just for my work. I don't know what type of linux system is. I
> > will
> > ask my computer administrator. Thees are all the server I configure
> > on
> > Koha (in Spanish), except by one what nee user ID and password:
> Any luck with modifying your system as I mentioned and adding
> IBERMARC
> to the Z39.50 Server setup?
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Joshua Ferraro                       SUPPORT FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE
> President, Technology       migration, training, maintenance, support
> LibLime                                Featuring Koha Open-Source ILS
> jmf at liblime.com |Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |1(888)KohaILS

  José Alberto Albarracín Ramírez
   Bibliotecario-Documentalista
   albertoalbarracin at gmail.com