[Koha] Koha Day Report

Joshua M. Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Thu Jun 21 16:51:58 NZST 2007

Hi everyone,

Well, our first Koha day went off swimingly, got lots of project stuff
accomplished, met some new people, and had loads of fun. But starting
at 9:00am on a Sunday is just nutty for the US team, so we've decided
to give ourselves a break and pick it up at noon next week :-). Feel
free to join us this Sunday starting at 12:00pm EST.

So ... it's really amazing what can be accomplished in a day, here are
the highlights:

We met some great new folks: Frederic from France, Luis from Peru,
gganno the librarian from Mali Africa, bureado, lloyd from the UK,
and jamesa.

Mason investigated automatic testing with Selenium, which will really
be helpful for QA testing. Also spent some time on bugzilla, cleaning
some stuff up.

Russ hacked on the mailman pages on the koha website, making them
prettier and had some productive discussions with Tina about improvements
to the koha.org site. Plan is to continue the discussions week after
next.

Chris actually blogged about his Koha day:
http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=meetingnotes07july02

If you were watching CVS you'll notice chris committed a bunch of
test scripts; and if you were watching the wiki, there's quite a bit
of technical documentation added as well.

Randy took a look at the koha.org site and talked about improvements
to be made from a project image standpoint; he also spent some time
evaluating forum software and concluded that phpbb is probably the
way to go

Tina and Sara spent some time doing usability testing on the koha.org
site and the koha interfaces. Also played around with some new project
-specific graphics, mostly related to the koha.org website

Finally, I worked on the 3.0 roadmap and read the Producing Open
Source book, trying to glean some ideas for improving the project's
release theory. i also worked a bit on the translation site, having
some issues with the latest release's translation script I plan to
hack further on next week.