[Koha] Re: Meaning of the following please!

Joshua M. Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Sat Jun 16 12:26:13 NZST 2007

----- "Steven F.Baljkas" <baljkas at mts.net> wrote:
> Monday, June 11, 2007     23:29 CDT
>
> Hi, Jackson,
>
> Just adding my two cents worth in, although Rachel is right on the
> money when she says you should join the mailing list (definitely!).

> > [...] I find it hard to understand the
> > following terms found in field 0 of Koha. I'd like if you can
> explain
> > them and their purpose. Am I to fill them up or do they fill up
> > automatically?
> >
> > They are:
> > 000 - Leader
> > 003 - Control number identifier
> > 005 - Date and time of latest transaction
> > 008 - Fixed length date elements - General information
Just to clarify, there are plugins for all of these fields that
will generate values, as well as pop-ups for refining the selections.
For instance, in the leader plugin, you simply tab or click the
001 field and a default values will appear. If you wish to change
the default value, click on the elipsis at the end of the field and
a popup will display and you can select from a form of labeled
drop-downs which values apply to the record.

The same applies for the 008 field. 005 and 003 are populated
automatically, 005 based on the current date/time, and 003 based
on a system preference you set in the system preferences section
of the administrative module.

Cheers,