[Koha] yaz failed dependencies on CentOS 5

Joshua M. Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Sat Jun 16 12:34:20 NZST 2007

----- "Dr. Ing. Alexandro Olivares Acosta" <aoa at ugd.edu.mx> wrote:
> hi, I'm the sysadmin from a University in Mexico and  I've been trying
> to install Koha for our library.
>
> When I used fedora 5 some years ago it installed fine but now we are
> using Centos 5 and I cant install ZOOM nor yaz properly.
>
> I've tried to rebuild the src rpms for yaz and then compiling ZOOM
> perl bindings from source and it seems ok but then the Koha perl
> installer keeps saying that zoom is not installed.
The installer does a simple check to make sure that ZOOM is in your
PERL5LIB:

eval {require ZOOM}

So if it's failing, ZOOM's likely not installed properly.

First make sure you have the latest version of all the Yaz libraries
installed, the rpms are likely to be very out of date. Please see
indexdata.dk/yaz for the latest.

Once Yaz is installed, you should be able to run 'cpan Net::Z3950::ZOOM'
and it will install ZOOM.

There's also a Yaz list if you're still having trouble with that
part of the install. We can help you troubleshoot Koha, but we're
unfortunately not experts in all of the dependencies (alas, only
so much time). Here's a link:

Hope that helps. Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,