[Koha] Ports for Koha

alex2 ppyyajp1 at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Jun 7 21:01:58 NZST 2007

Hi, previous problems solved. (Well, almost, we'll cross that bridge when we
come to it...)

Since I am installing Koha on a university machine, the firewall is very
restrictive, and I need to request any additional ports to be opened. Port
80 is already used for webserving via apache, and so I was going to use
ports 8000 and 8080, as suggested by the installer.
I have emailed the people responsible for changing the firewall, and they
have sent me a form to fill in
(http://hustu.nottingham.ac.uk/bar/Firewall-change-request.doc) - the only
parts I am having trouble filling in is the "Direction of Traffic
Initiation" (I am assuming this should be "In") and "Protocol" (I am
assuming this should be "HTTP"). The rest, I think, is fairly
self-explanatory.

Thank you in advance - I very much appreciate your help!

Alex Pinkney