[Koha] official version (was : National holidays and other free days)

Chris Cormack crc at liblime.com
Wed Jun 6 09:20:26 NZST 2007

On 5/06/2007, at 9:00 PM, Tomasz Holdowanski wrote:

>>> Pity, since my library has overdue charges, proper (and
>>> automatic) handling of holidays etc. would be very nice touch.
>> why is it a pity ?
>> Koha 3.0 is not that far : i've started deploying it in france (1
>> librariy done, 3 to come soon), i'm working hard on fixing
>> reported bugs. I hope that a public release can occur in september
>> (although with probably some RC (Release Candidate) warnings)
>
> Unfortunately, I can`t wait till september, not to mention the
> 'mainstream' version of Koha is rather unsuitable for Polish
> libraries, mostly placed in old buildings, divided into branches
> with separate locations, collections, desks, and sometimes
> different borrowing and charging policies. I cooperate with
> Wojciech Zatorski, who is working on a 'university' version,
> heavily modified compared to the 'mainstream' one, but thought that
> something as obvious as holiday handling would be already included
> in 'standard' Koha. As I said before, there`s no need for a GUI, a
> table with dates to skip and a couple lines of code would be plenty
> enough :)

Hi

As paul said its in the rel_2_2 branch of cvs and in the HEAD, you
are welcome to check the code out yourself and install it, if waiting
for a new version of 2.2 or 3.0 won't do.

IE the code has all been written.

Chris
Chris Cormack                            chris.cormack at liblime.com
VP Research and Development                        www.liblime.com
LibLime                                             +64 21 542 131