[Koha] Why No Discussion Forum?

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Jun 6 04:34:12 NZST 2007

"Joshua M. Ferraro" <jmf at liblime.com> wrote: [...]
> While it may seem that a forum is the 'modern' way to interact, and
> some library communities do prefer it, the fact is, it's a matter of
> preference. Email and forums were invented at nearly the same time,
> and people have been arguing about which is better for decades :-).

Actually, I think email distribution lists date from at least 1977
(RFC 733) while forums must date from after the first web page in
around 1990  http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/FAQ.html#Examples

Anyway, that's not why I'm emailing.  Please, if anyone puts up a
forum, can it have the following features:
1. Some sort of bridge to koha.lists.katipo.co.nz, either gmane-like or
summaries being sent back and forth;
2. RDF Site Summary (RSS-1) feeds of latest threads/topics;
3. Follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines - in particular,
no eyetests for registration or posting.
?

Thanks,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.