[Koha] Why No Discussion Forum?

Owen Leonard oleonard at athenscounty.lib.oh.us
Tue Jun 5 19:20:08 NZST 2007

> I'd like to ask the question, why is there no Koha Discussion forum?
> It's standard practice all over the web, a super efficient, proven
> paradigm. Are mail lists not a bit archaic in this day and age?

At this point in Koha's development I think it's up to how the Koha
developers prefer to communicate. We're still at the point where the base
of experienced Koha users is small enough that most of the help we're
getting online is from the folks who are actively developing Koha.

I disagree with the statement that forums are super efficient. I find it
more time consuming to try to keep up with forum posts that I do with
email. I think it's harder to keep track of all the new posts in a forum. That would put the developers in a more difficult position in
terms of trying to make sure questions got answered.

> It's very time consuming to read back
> through 100's of postings to find out if anything has been posted
> previously on various issues, epecially for newbies.

The mailing list archive can be searched, just as a forum can. In fact, the
mailing list can be read as a forum if you wish. See the options here: