[Koha] official version (was : National holidays and other free days)

Paul POULAIN paul.poulain at free.fr
Mon Jun 4 20:48:24 NZST 2007

> FYI: it looks like Antoine has got holidays currently included with the
> latest 2.2 release, using the 'default' templates.

I want to point that this is wrong.

Here is some explanation on how CVS branches are atm :
- we had a rel_2_2 CVS branch, that resulted in 2.2.x release until 2.2.6.
- then libLime did some additions to rel_2_2 branch. As Release Manager,
I made some checkings and found that those additions were adding some
instability, were uncomplete (some systempreferences were added in the
code but not in the updatedatabase that is run when updgrading), and
were in NPL templates only. In the mean time, some bugfixes were added
to rel_2_2 that were strictly bugfixes.

So, I decided (and it's written in the Release Notes) to branch a
R_2_2_7 CVS from 2.2.6 with only bugfixes. And release the 2.2.7 based
on this "branch".
Then some bugfixes were added, and 2.2.8 was based on this temporary
branch as well. same for 2.2.9)

Last month, antoine, requested by my (it's employer) ported the rel_2_2
NPL improvements to default templates.
I also have listed all systempreferences that should be added during
upgrade process to rch (from libLime), and, iirc, some have been added,
although I think some are still missing.
I still have to test most rel_2_2 improvements to check that everything
is working well & properly integrated, although time is really missing...

To conclude :
* 2.2.9 is based on R_2_2_7 branch, and does NOT contain holidays
management (and no serials improved) either.
* rel_2_2 branch has no public releases atm.
* dev_week branch is a specific branch, that only libLime uses (afaik),
for only a few customers (2 ?)
* rel_3_0 branch is abandonned since 4 months, everything for 3.0 is
done on HEAD

Joshua is trying to organize an irc meeting to clear everybody position
on the different branches, and organise things, as, I agree, they can be
considered as "unclear" for someone from outside the core team...

--
Paul POULAIN et Henri Damien LAURENT
Consultants indépendants en logiciels libres et bibliothéconomie