[Koha] New Z39.50 search tool

Jason Ronallo jronallo at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 03:10:47 NZST 2007

Hi,
I am writing to point other Koha users to a tool I created for copy
cataloging (MARC21 records) via anonymous Z39.50 servers. I wrote the
script because copy cataloging in Koha was so laboriously slow and I
needed to catalog a whole collection as quickly and accurately as
possible. Since creating something that worked just for me, I've
continued to develop the tool to make it more powerful and easier to
use for others.

It's written in Ruby and requires rubygems are installed.

Features include:
* Scripted changes to records, like macros. Delete and append with
option to be prompted for input.
* Output CSV file, useful for printing custom labels.
* Grouped parallel searches of zservers to make searching quicker
while allowing broad searching as well.
* Save to file, a simple zebra server, or Koha 2.2.X (via bulkmarcimport.pl).

For more information on features, please see:
http://zcc.rubyforge.org/zcc.html

For how to use the script to save records into Koha see:
http://zcc.rubyforge.org/koha.html

Please let me know if you have any questions, find bugs, or need other
features. I've tried to provide good documentation on the website,
within configuration files, and help within the script itself. Please
let me know how I can make it clearer.

I hope this helps someone.

--Jason Ronallo