[Koha] Export holdings information from Chancery Library Pro

Andrew Yager andrew at rwts.com.au
Sun Jul 22 00:20:02 NZST 2007

Hi,

I'm currently migrating from Library Pro to Koha, and I've managed to
get all the bibliographic information from Library Pro into Koha, but
I'm struggling as far as Holdings information. Does anyone have a
good way to extract the holdings information from Library Pro, and
then match it with the corresponding biblio record in Koha? I've
opened the MARC export using MarcEDIT and as far as I can see there
is no holding information there.

At the moment I'm thinking I have to do some sort of text export from
Library Pro and then write a script to somehow match it up - but I
can't work out what fields would be what. The other option is to
spend a few weeks re-entering all of the holdings information into
Koha, but even as a small library (around 15000 books) this will take
quite a while.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew