[Koha] Koha Project Day Schedule Change

Joshua M. Ferraro jmf at liblime.com
Fri Jul 20 17:09:46 NZST 2007

Hi folks,

The LibLime management team is happy to announce that we're
switching Koha Project Day to Thursdays, starting next Thursday,
July 26th (that's Friday in New Zealand).

For those of you who are new to this list (welcome!), Koha Project
Day is an initiative to foster community development and growth
of the Koha project. It's an all day event that starts at 9am EST
in our US office in Athens, Ohio and ends 15 hours later at 5pm
NZ in our New Zealand Office in Wellington.

Of course, throughout the week, we LibLimers spend the majority
of our time working for our customers: writing specifications,
doing development work, implementation, and support. Koha Project
Day gives us a chance to give back to you -- the community that
makes all of this possible!

Of course, the invitation to join us is extended to you as well!
Join us any time on any Thursday and pitch in, if you're able.

Speaking of which, what is there to do? Glad you asked. Here's just
a partial list:

 * organize and write documentation
 * write specifications for new proposed features
 * write technical documentation for existing Koha features
 * respond to questions/comments on the Koha lists
 * test features and report bugs
 * fix bugs :-)
 * read through the code and make comments
 * translate Koha into your native language
 * write that new feature you thought of
 * talk to the developers and tell them how to improve Koha

Where is all of this happening?

You can join us in real time on the #koha channel on
irc.katipo.co.nz. If you've not used IRC before, and you're running
Windows, give mIRC a shot:

http://www.mirc.com/

See you Thursday!

Cheers,