[Koha] Continued Migration Woes

Timothy R.Butler tbutler at uninetsolutions.com
Mon Jul 9 14:53:43 NZST 2007

Hi everyone,
You may remember I was here a few times over the past
few months. I've been desperately trying to migrate from
1.2.3 to a current release, and every attempt has failed.
We are a small church library, so I'm considering that
we may have to just start over with our 1,900 entries,
but I hate to do that unless we must. Additionally,
I'd feel safer if we could solve this, since I'd hate to think
in a future upgrade it might happen again. So,
I thought I'd give it one last shot and see if anyone
had any suggestions on my current problems:

I seem to have upgraded from 1.2.3 -> 2.0, with
the idea from an earlier recommendation that
this would provide a point to get the database upgraded
before moving to a current release. So far so good,
except 2.0 won't work. It doesn't seem to read
koha.conf properly (it wouldn't log into the database),
so I manually patched Context.pm to tell it where the
database is. That seemed to get the system running,
but the search function remains broken with this error:

      Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference
       at /home/stpauls/koha/intranet/modules/C4/
       SearchMarc.pm line 116.

I should add that I did run koha2marc.pl, seemingly
successfully before I tried to access the administrative
interface. The marc_biblio table shows that it has
the right number of entries...

When I run the MARC test, I get back five errors:

----
itemnum
The field itemnum MUST be mapped
The correspounding subfield MUST be in with -1 (ignore) tab
OK	All item fields are in the same tag and in item tab
OK	itemtypes table filled with at least 1 value

itemtype NOT mapped	the biblioitems.itemtype field MUST :
be mapped to a MARC subfield,
the correspounding subfield MUST have authorised_value=itemtype
OK	branch table filled with at least 1 value

homebranch NOT mapped	the items.homebranch field MUST :
be mapped to a MARC subfield,
the correspounding subfield MUST have authorised value=branches

holdingbranch NOT mapped	the items.holdingbranch field MUST :
be mapped to a MARC subfield,
the correspounding subfield MUST have authorised value=branches

biblio and biblionumber	The biblio.biblionumber and
biblioitems.biblioitemnumber fields MUST :
be mapped to a MARC subfield,
be in the SAME tag (for example : 090$a and 090$b)
be in tab -1
TOTAL	You have 5 error(s) in your MARC configuration.
Please fix them before using koha
----

Any ideas how I might fix this?

Thanks,