[Koha] How are public libraries handling magazines

John R. Clark berek at tds.net
Wed Jul 4 00:50:23 NZST 2007

Good morning,
This is my first post although I've been a lurker for several months and am
running Koha as my circulation system (set up by Liblime). I played a bit
with the serials portion of the program, but wasn't able to get too far. I
am curious as to how libraries, particularly public ones are handling the
adding and circulation of magazines. In my old system, I was able to use a
generic barcode to check out issues of the same periodical (Newsweek, Time,
People, etc.) and simply used the issue date in checkout. I'd like to keep
the process as simple as possible since I'm a one pony outfit. Any and all
suggestions/experiences gratefully welcomd.
Thank you.

John R. Clark, M.ED, MLIS-Librarian, Hartland, Maine
"Like I said, God, screw you. Deanilu watched herself
send the razor deep into her arm, bringing forth a bright
ruby stream of blood"-from God, the Universe and the
6-fingered boy, a short story in "Hardscrabble Kids: Surreal
stories of Maine teens."