[Koha] forced to generate new barcode with EVERY item edit

Julka Grodel jgrodel at itasoftware.com
Sat Jan 27 09:56:36 NZDT 2007

Hello Everyone,

I've installed Koha 2.2.7 on a linux machine, and everything seems to be
working well except for editing biblio items. When I edit the item level
data, but the holding branch, for example, and click "Modify item" I get
a message that I *must* enter a barcode. When I click on the field, it
out generates a new one for me. I can't delete it and put in the old
one. I've double and tripple checked, and I have autoCarcode off (0). I
also tried commenting out the part of
intranet/admin/cgi-bin/acqui.simple/addbiblio.pl that support
autoBarcode. Nothing has changed, even after restarting apache and
clearing my browsers cache.

Anyone have any ideas? I'd love to have a barcode autogenerated for new
items, but I'd be ok with entering it manually every time so long as the
barcode isn't forced to change whenever I edit item data.

Thanks,
Julka