[Koha] Errors on Koha install on 1&1 server

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Jan 26 03:31:09 NZDT 2007

"John Clarke" <uk at clarkent.com> wrote:
> I'm getting numerous permissions and Perl version errors/failures when
> attempting to install Koha on my 1&1 Business Pro account. I've pasted some
> of the error messages below. Perhaps the permissions problems occur because
> I don't have root access? [...]

Yes.  You absolutely cannot install to /usr/local on that system. You
need to set the installation PREFIX to something under your home
directory (but probably not under your web root directory).  Probably
  mkdir $HOME/myperl
  export SITEPREFIX=$HOME/myperl
would fix most of them, but the official answer for the CPAN shell is
on "man CPAN" under "FAQ" question 5 in my copy:

       5)  I am not root, how can I install a module in a personal
directory?

           You will most probably like something like this:

             o conf makepl_arg "LIB=~/myperl/lib \
                               INSTALLMAN1DIR=~/myperl/man/man1 \
                               INSTALLMAN3DIR=~/myperl/man/man3"
             install Sybase::Sybperl