[Koha] Accessing intranet page on network

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Wed Jan 24 23:00:18 NZDT 2007

"Peter Scott" <pscott at ippa.ie> wrote:
> I've had to use Ubuntu (6.06 Server) as Debian would not install.

Debian installs fine here.

> <VirtualHost *:80>
[...]
>   ServerName koha
[...]
> </VirtualHost>
[...]
> <VirtualHost *:8080>
[...]
>   ServerName koha
[...]
> </VirtualHost>

I would have expected the first ServerName to be opac and the second
to be koha, but that shouldn't matter.

> I am confused by the instructions on Virtual hosting, what changes
> do I need to make here?

Sadly, it varies by version and setup.  Find the "virtual hosts" user
guide for your version of apache at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/

Once you see how virtual hosts work, you'll probably be able to see
how to connect koha and your webserver setup appropriately.  I suspect
we need to collect some common examples: as wiki.koha.org is no longer
open, I'll throw up a web form somewhere shortly.

Hope that helps,
Somerset, England. Work/Laborejo: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
IRC/Jabber/SIP: on request/peteble.