[Koha] Is there a Koha debian package i.e. koha.deb

Vincent Danjean vdanjean.ml at free.fr
Wed Jan 24 21:12:13 NZDT 2007

wing newton a écrit :
> Greetings,
>
> Is there a Koha debian package available that I can do
> a apt-get install "koha debian package - koha.deb" ?

This is in the process to be done, but there is still lots of work.
By the way, you can now get all dependencies (ie all missing perl
modules) from my private repository. Look at :
http://www-id.imag.fr/Laboratoire/Membres/Danjean_Vincent/deb.html
and/or add
deb http://people.debian.org/~vdanjean/debian unstable main
in your /etc/apt/sources.list file

However, as Oren point out, you will still need mysql-server-4.1 for
now. And it is only available for stable.
If you have some skills in rebuilding packages, you can install a
debian stable and use my packages sources to rebuild them for stable.
This is mainly :
$ sudo apt-get build-dep package_to_rebuild
$ cd /tmp ; fakeroot -- apt-get source -b package_to_rebuild
$ sudo dpkg -i packages_that_have_been_created.deb
with
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~vdanjean/debian unstable main
in your /etc/apt/sources.list file
and perhaps some packages from backports.org installed (if apt
complains for the "apt-get build-dep ..." operation)

If it seems too difficult, ask me to create the backport on my site.
I will do it when I will have a bit of free time.

  Best regards,
    Vincent