[Koha] Koha and 1and1 hosting?

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Tue Jan 23 07:41:17 NZDT 2007

"John Clarke" <uk at clarkent.com> wrote:
> I'm considering setting up a Koha database. I already have a Linux based
> "business pro" account with www.1and1.co.uk.
>
> Relevant features of "business pro" 1and1 plan:
[...]
> Should Koha run properly in this environment?

For a full Koha system, I think you'll need either to have libyaz and
some perl modules installed, or be able to compile and install them
yourself.  That looks more like Virtual Server than Hosting Business
Pro to me.

I can't remember how many of Koha's perl modules are compiled.  If
it's only Z39.50 and Zebra things, then a Koha 2.2.7 without Z39.50
support may be possible, but that's deep hackery.

[...]
> Any suggestions are welcome.

UKHosts.com can host Koha on shared hosting, but it's a non-standard
option by special arrangement.  I can introduce you if you would like.
(Note: my company does some support work for them.)

Hope that helps,
Somerset, England. Work/Laborejo: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
IRC/Jabber/SIP: on request/peteble.