[Koha] Cleaning characters from isbn data

Bigwood, David bigwood at lpi.usra.edu
Fri Feb 2 09:05:32 NZDT 2007

 Noth,

Cataloging standards allow the inclusion of the qualifiers at the end of
the 020 field. It allows a person to distinguish between paperback, hard
cover, and all the other variations that would produce a different ISBN.

Koha should not be adding the dashes back into the ISBN. For one thing,
it does not know where to put them. An ISBN search should be exact match
with right truncation. That way the descriptive text can stay and still
not mess up a search.

Sincerely,
David Bigwood
bigwood at lpi.usra.edu
Lunar & planetary Institute
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/library/whats_new.shtml
Check out our weekly podcast, now over a year old.