[Koha] Apache Default Page

Gavin McCullagh gmccullagh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 05:12:17 NZDT 2007

Hi,

On Thu, 01 Feb 2007, Gavin McCullagh wrote:

> On Thu, 01 Feb 2007, Lawrence Bean wrote:
>
> > I posted this problem to the list last May, and someone *must* have helped
> > me solve it because I had this working for the last nine months. I had to
> > migrate to new hardware and the same puzzle has resurfaced. I checked the
> > archives, but cannot find the helpful reply anywhere so I assume the
> > respondent must have re'd me only.
>
> Is this it?
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=Lawrence%20Bean%20koha%20

Sorry that wasn't very helpful.  It sounds like you need to create or
modify a virtual host to point to koha -- the localhost one does now but
the 172.16 address doesn't.

I would generally have created a DNS name for the site (eg
www.koha.local.net) and added a virtual host like this to my apache set up.
I presume Koha probably comes with one but this example might be of some
help.

<VirtualHost 172.16.11.1:80>
        ServerAdmin webmaster at blah.blah
        ServerName www.koha.local.net
        ServerAlias koha.local.net

        DocumentRoot </path/to/koha>
        <Directory /path/to/koha/>
                AllowOverride AuthConfig
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all
        </Directory>

        # alert, emerg.
        LogLevel warn

        CustomLog /var/log/apache2/koha/access.log combined
        ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/koha/error_log
        ServerSignature On

</VirtualHost>

Gavin