[Koha] Error in loading module Math::Pari 2.010709

Rob Weir robweir at alum.drexel.edu
Sat Dec 29 10:50:24 NZDT 2007

Hi Arnab,
Are you using activestate perl? If so, you need to get your module in a
ppm format package from activestate instead of from cpan. If you want to
manually download a module, you can get it from one of the activestate
repositories at http://ppm.activestate.com/PPMPackages/zips/

However, if you are using activeperl 5.8.8.820 or later, you should have
a shortcut for Perl Package Manager (ppm) on your windows start menu
that you can use to install and update modules. When you run ppm, go
under the View menu and change it to show All Packages instead of just
Installed Packages, and you should see Math::Pari on the list. Right
click, mark it for install, and then click the green arrow to Run Marked
Actions. That should do it for you. Of course, you need a working
internet connection.

You should avoid using activeperl 5.8.8.818 or 5.8.8.819 because they
had some bugs in the Package Manager.

For activeperl 5.8.8.817 and earlier, I think you had to run the package
manager from a command line. Check the documentation for how to set a
repository and install a module. Or you could manually download the
module, unzip it to a folder (I use c:\usr\site\lib\ppm-conf for the w32
install packages), and then run "ppm install Math-Pari.ppd" from a
command line in that folder. Each module you download will have a readme
with the exact syntax to use to install.

Hope this helps.

Rob