[Koha] entering items

Octavee Uhl octavee at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 09:07:12 NZST 2007

Hello,

I have some questions about items in koha and in general. We use koha with
the default templates so far.

When I “save the bibliographic record and go to items” and have the ‘New
Item’ window open. Is there any way to reduce (hide) fields I do not need
like I can in Biblio Framework? There are so many fields we don’t use and I
want to make it easier for the data entry person.

Which fields in ‘Items’ are mandatory? And which fields should we use?

When I have 5 times the same book in the main library should the call number
be the same or should it have a c1 (for copy 1) etc. at the end?

Thanks
Octavee