[Koha] Apache2 Fu

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Aug 10 08:13:45 NZST 2007

exaurdon <mstockfleth at hotmail.com> wrote:
> what I did was added back the include /etc/apache2/sites-enabled and inclue
> /etc/koha-httpd.conf which then when I put in dragonetworks.net:8080 or 8000
> sends me to apache-default (It Works!...no, actually it doesn't. Foul Apache
> trickery!)

It sounds like apache is using the settings that are in
/etc/apache2/sites-availabled/default from the debian package. This
may be because the last koha-httpd.conf that I saw had something like
ServerName wyrm:8080, not ServerName dragonetworks.net:8080 (or
ServerAlias of that).

Either way, it sounds like a general apache configuration problem, not
a Koha problem, so you might find the Apache Virtual Hosting guide at
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/vhosts/name-based.html useful, or you
could try asking in an Apache forum.

My current usual solution is to symlink koha-httpd.conf from
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ and not add any Include to the default file.

Sooner or later there will be a debian package.  Some of the building
continues at http://serene.ttllp.co.uk/~mjr/

Hope that helps,
Experienced webmaster-developers for hire http://www.ttllp.co.uk/
Also: statistician, sysadmin, online shop builder, workers co-op.