[Koha] From CDS/ISIS to Koha

Ernesto Silva silva at ort.edu.uy
Fri Apr 6 03:16:59 NZST 2007

Hi Danica,
    I'm not a  librarian. I had your problem 2 or 3 years ago. The main
issue is to map the CDS/ISIS content to MARC records, that is not a
programmers problem, it's a librarians problem. You must make the record
mapping "in paper" first, then you can make a program to "translate"
your CDS/ISIS records to MARC. We made the program in perl, the native
Koha native programming language.

As I understand the meaning of CDS/ISIS records is probably in CEPAL
format and there is not a 1 to 1 mapping between CPAL and MARC.

Regards,

--
Ing. Ernesto Silva.
Coordinador de Desarrollo Web y Sistemas Abiertos
E-mail: silva at ort.edu.uy
Tel: (+598-2) 902-1505 ext. 206
Fax: (+598-2) 900-2952