[Koha] Re: Is there an efficient way to manage the MARCframeworks? (User from China)

Han, Yan hany at u.library.arizona.edu
Wed Apr 4 03:11:46 NZST 2007

100 people for cataloging, I guess that you have to sure that they follow the same cataloging standard.

If you really want to track who is doing what and do not bother with adding student into Koha, try this:

1. use excel (or google spreadsheet) to have title, author, etc (MARC fields) and also record cataloger's info (using 900 field).
2. save excel in a csv file and covert to MARC file and load the file to koha

Pros: you control the access to Koha cataloging module and you know who is doing what.
Cons: you have to create a mapping script and have a consistent process to make sure everyone is doing the same thing.

Later you can have an experiencing cataloger to check the quality of the records.

Yan Han
The University of Arizona Libraries