[Koha] More on Koha 2.2.7 with MySQL 5.0 - I do want to try having it working

oren maurer meorero at gmail.com
Mon Dec 25 10:37:35 NZDT 2006

Hallo - and sorry for the delay in this.

 I'm still trying to have Koha 2.2.7 working with MySQL 5 (on Debian Etch).

 I still can not find books that I've catalogued – neither through the
Web-OPAC nor through the staff Intranet Catalogue search.

 I do see the book in MySQL - in the "biblio" table.

[code]

      mysql> SELECT biblionumber, author, title, unititle, timestamp

       -> FROM biblio

       -> WHERE author = 'OrenM';

+--------------+--------+--------------+----------+---------------------+

      | biblionumber | author | title | unititle | timestamp |

+--------------+--------+--------------+----------+---------------------+

      | 1 | OrenM | Hallo World | NULL | 2006-12-13 18:21:21 |

+--------------+--------+--------------+----------+---------------------+

      1 row in set (0.00 sec)

      mysql>

[/code]

 Here are the change that I have made:

A.1

Additions in: ~/koha/koha-2.2.7/modules/C4/Search.pm

lines 915 - 923 - added brackets after the "left join additionalauthors on"

[code]

$query="select *,biblio.author,biblio.biblionumber from

biblio

left join additionalauthors

on (additionalauthors.biblionumber =biblio.biblionumber)

where

((biblio.author like ? or biblio.author like ? or

additionalauthors.author like ? or additionalauthors.author

like ?

)";

 [/code]

A.2

Additions in: ~/koha/koha-2.2.7/modules/C4/Search.pm

lines 1304-1305- added brackets after the "left join itemtypes on"

 [code]

my $query = "SELECT *,items.notforloan as itemnotforloan FROM items, biblio,
biblioitems

left join itemtypes on (biblioitems.itemtype = itemtypes.itemtype)

[/code]

B.1

Additions in: ~/koha/koha-2.2.7/modules/C4/SearchMarc.pm

lines 383-387

brackets after the "LEFT JOIN biblioitems on"

and

brackets after the "LEFT JOIN itemtypes on"

[code]

$sth = $dbh->prepare("SELECT biblio.biblionumber as
bn,biblioitems.*,biblio.*, marc_biblio.bibid,itemtypes.notforloan,
itemtypes.description

FROM marc_biblio, biblio

LEFT JOIN biblioitems on (biblio.biblionumber = biblioitems.biblionumber)

LEFT JOIN itemtypes on (itemtypes.itemtype=biblioitems.itemtype)

WHERE biblio.biblionumber = marc_biblio.biblionumber AND bibid = ?");

[/code]

WHat else should be done??

Best regards
(& a Happy New Year!)

Oren Maurer

On 12/7/06, Alex King <alex at king.net.nz> wrote:

> So did you modify (or verify, I haven't looked at what's in 2.2.7) the
> two modules Search.pm and SearchMarc.pm as listed in Dana's email?  That
> was all that was necessary to get 2.2.5 search function working.
>
> Perhaps you could execute the same searches yourself in the mysql client
> and see what the results are?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Alex
>

> oren maurer wrote:
> >
> > Hi all
> >
> > 1.
> > In spite of the known incompatibility of current version (2.2.7) with
> > MySQL 5.0, I do want to try having it working (I have Debian Etch I
> > had troubles downgrading to MySQL 4.1).
> >
> >  I succeeded with installation of 2.2.7.
> >
> >  2.
> > The first problem I see:
> > I can use catalogue to add book, and than see it in the database using
> > MySQL-ADMIN
> >
> > But I can not see it by using search.
> >
> > Could it be connected to the MySQL version?
> >
> > 3.
> > I read and tried the suggestion of Dana Huff (even though it was for
> > 2.2.5) in http://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2006/010477.html
> > Where it's written: "... there are a couple of modules that must be
> > modified"
> >

> > This didn't help here.
> >

> > Any ideas??
> >

> >  Thanks