[Koha] Problem running ./bulkmarcimport.pl

Ryan Higgins rch at liblime.com
Wed Nov 8 15:02:21 NZDT 2006

Oops!  got a little trigger happy with my last response; sent the
message before writing the reply
:blush: Sorry for the duplicate.

Hi, Jim

You're right, MARC::Charset dropped the package-level methods
ignore_errors and assume_unicode from v0.92 to v0.95.  The ignore_errors
flag must now be set when calling the conversion routine.
I suggest first commenting out these method calls, though MARC::Record
will choke if you don't have near-perfect records.  If (when) that
fails,
roll back to 0.92; I don't think there are any issues there... though
I'd like to
know otherwise if I'm wrong (anyone?)

rch

On Nov 7, 2006, at 1:33 PM, Jim Kronebusch wrote:

> I am trying to run ./bulkmarcimport.pl on a new install of 2.2.6 on
> Debian 3.1
> and having the following error when run:
>
> Can't locate object method "ignore_errors" via package
> "MARC::Charset" at
> ./bulkmarcimport.pl line 24.
>
> I have built the server 3 times now and keep getting stuck at this
> point.  I
> don't know why my Charset.pm is missing this method.  Any ideas?  I
> currently
> have a Fedora Core 3 server running 2.2.4 that worked just fine.  I
> have built
> this with Ubuntu and ended up with the same problem.  Very
> frustrating to have
> a working server ready to go, but I can't import data.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jim Kronebusch
> Cotter Tech Department
> 507-453-5188

> dangerous content by the Cotter Technology
> Department, and is believed to be clean.

Ryan Higgins  || rch at LibLime.com
1-888-KohaILS || 740.593.6589/cell

| VENDOR SERVICES FOR OPEN-SOURCE SOFTWARE |
| migration, training, maintenance, support|
| Featuring Koha Open-Source ILS           |
| -> Full Demos at http://liblime.com/koha |