[Koha] Re: Koha on Ubuntu install guide

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Mon Sep 25 06:32:47 NZST 2006

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006, Alex King wrote:

> The best way to make Koha an easy install for Ubuntu, rather than producing
> an ad-hock CD, would be to get it integrated into Debian.  Once it is
> integrated into Debian, installing a basic Koha system would be a simple one
> line command.  Ubuntu base their system on Debian, so after the next Ubuntu
> release installing on an Ubuntu system would be just as easy.
>
> To integrate Koha into Debian, Koha needs to be packaged by someone.  There
> was previous interest in this
> (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=186958) but it never got
> anywhere.  I would very much like to see Koha packaged for Debian, and I'm
> willing to do some work on it.

While I had interest that somebody else would package it I have no
resources to do it myself.  The best idea to revitalize the idea
of packaging it for Debian would be to reopen the big report, keep
the bug address and the debian-devel at lists.debian.org in CC and not
only me as a single DD.

I might consider sponsoring if there is a perfect package but it
is definitely not my main focus of interest and I would really prefer
if you find another Debian developer,

Kind regards

              Andreas.

--