[Koha] Re: [Koha-devel] Adding new MARC tag Thesaurus Structure

Henri-Damien LAURENT laurenthdl at alinto.com
Sat Sep 23 02:20:09 NZST 2006

Pedro Faria a écrit :
> Dear all,
> Imagine I want catalog books and save, for each, it's Theme and a
> Group (these have a restricted set of values we want to be inserted).
> .I thought about creating two categories in  Thesaurus Structure
> <http://librarian.testes.udp.eurotux.com/cgi-bin/koha/admin/authtypes.pl>
> named Theme and Group and add for them their autorised values. But,
> how do I make these new fields visible when adding a MARC and where,
> in the DB will these values be  really stored?
> Do I have to make links DB-MARC , create new MARC tag... help needed!!
>
> Thank you

You can EITHER use authorised values OR thesaurus.

If themes or groups are only little (less than 150 records) flat lists,
then using authorised_values could be the best solution.
You create Two authorised_values categories and fills them in and link
them in the Biblioframework to the subfields that use them.

If they are to be structured with sub groups asasf, then you need to
build a thesaurus Structure. But this would seem too heavy for you.

--
Henri-Damien LAURENT