[Koha] Barcodes required by Koha

Han, Yan hany at u.library.arizona.edu
Sat Sep 16 09:03:51 NZST 2006

I believe that codabar and Code 39 both work with Koha. You can find out
a typical library barcode. e.g. 3 9001 04796 2694, where 3 means "item",
9001 means a library, others are item number.

Most libraries use codabar, and there are a few use Code 39. Code 39
allows you to encode alphabetic letters and I chose Code 39 for a
project.

You do not need a software, but a reader will pick up these barcode very
quickly. I have purchased Symbol LS2208 scanner
(http://www.barcodesinc.com/symbol/ls2208.htm
<http://www.barcodesinc.com/symbol/ls2208.htm>  ) and it picks up the
code quickly.