[Koha] Simple MARC reference information

Kevin O'Rourke lists at caboose.org.uk
Wed Aug 23 20:14:34 NZST 2006

Rosalie Blake wrote:
> But ... having said that, in your position, I wouldn't consider the
> non-MARC alternative. I will be surprised if you don't find you can
> download MARC records free for a big percentage of your stock. It is (a)
> much quicker to edit a record you have downloaded, and add your
> particular information (a barcode number, a particular shelf location)
> and
> (b) safer, because your MARC record will be free of typos, spelling
> mistakes, variant spellings and so on (and on!)

Most of our books are published either in Nigeria or the UK.  If anyone
knows of a source of MARC records for Nigerian books I'd be overjoyed.

The British Library doesn't seem to support MARC on their Z39.50
service, can anyone recommend any other free sources for MARC records
for UK publications?

Thanks,
Kevin

--
Kevin O'Rourke
ICT Coordinator, National Teachers' Institute, Kaduna, Nigeria