[Koha] Simple MARC reference information

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Tue Aug 22 23:37:07 NZST 2006

Kevin O'Rourke wrote:
> Thanks for the links, I'd had a look at the LOC tutorials but I really
> don't have time to sit and read through so much information to extract
> the few things that are relevant to us.
>
>> I want you also to note that koha marc forms has the explain of name
>> record before it, so it's easy to use it,
> I'm not sure easy is how I'd describe it.  I think the explanations only
> make sense if you already understand MARC.  There's also no online help
> for those forms.
>> but always put in your mind if you don't need marc you can use koha
>> with a non-marc format.
> I'm assuming that switching between MARC and non-MARC Koha will require
> a reinstall?
>
> Without MARC what information does Koha store about each book?

Without MARC is a misnomer really, without having to see MARC is how it
works.

> Has anyone out there started using Koha without MARC and then deeply
> regretted it later?  How difficult would it be to migrate at a later date?

The way Id do it, if I was you, is edit the MARC framework, you can
change the text that appears on the form for adding and editing a record
there.

So instead of them seeing 100a Personal Name
You can make it say Author

Chris