Re Re: [Koha] Koha reports not working

Mohamed Imran K R mohamedimran.kr at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 18:28:19 NZST 2006

hi

Dear Mr.
> as I understand "LDAP, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, is an
> Internet
> protocol that email and other programs use to look up information from a
> server."  as it's in http://www.gracion.com/server/whatldap.html

ldap is what you said it is but  more importantly  its  just a directory
which programs use to authenticate the users accessing that system.
for ex, if you have an ldap directory containing all the usernames of your
organization, then you can have many applications looking up for information
from it.

i have an openldap server in my institution that is authenticating users for
mail servers, data servers, course management software etc.,

i would also like koha to authenticate its users through the same directory
just to have the same usernames across all apps.

so why do u need it for koha? could u please explain that to me if you have

--
Regards
Mohamed Imran K R