[Koha] Item Type problem

Chris Cormack chris at katipo.co.nz
Tue Aug 15 08:53:25 NZST 2006

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 07:42:45AM -0700, Joshua Ferraro said:
> Hi Gavin,
>
> On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 02:24:14PM +0100, Gavin McCullagh wrote:
> >
> > This problem seems (if I understand correctly) to be a difference in
> > design.
> >
> >  - the alice/oasis system relates:
> >         biblio -> item -> itemtype -> borrowingrules
> >  - koha relates:
> >         biblio -> bibliotype -> borrowingrules
> You've hit on a major limitation of the Koha 2.2 series. The good
> news is it's already fixed in the CVS version for the 3.0 series.
> That is, you can specify circ rules on a per-item basis as well
> as a per-biblioitem basis.
>
> If you need to run 2.2, you should be able to merge in the changes
> from CVS into your local copy pretty simply ... probably much more
> simply than rolling your own. If you do manage to do this, I'd
> be very interested in a patch for this ...

Just FYI

Its designed to be biblio -> biblioitem -> itemtype -> borrowing rules

This is how koha is used by the libraries I support running 2.2

So it can be done in 2.2, Itemtype is at the biblioitem level not at the
biblio level for precisely this reason. You dont want to have to have a
differe biblio for each type of an item.

If you jump on irc sometime Gavin I can show you it working

Chris

027 4500 789                                       Katipo Communications Ltd
chris at katipo.co.nz                                          www.katipo.co.nz